Friday, May 14, 2010

"Like.... How Their Cooking Sucks?"

I don't recommend reading expat blogs about your own country, it can get a little offensive. I've witnessed this with a Korean friend of mine who read through a couple of expat blogs I regularly read. She wasn't impressed by them at all. I decided to read expat blogs on England, and while a few of them are quite hilarious, some of them are literally so insulting. Again, back to the whole "generalization" business. I don't take it too heart, but when you first read it, it's kind of like... "uh... ok.... screw you too then."

Anyway, I ranted a little about it to Aimee. "Blah blah blah, insulting, they're always talking about how shit Brits are." etc. Aimee, being the caring and knowledgeable friend she is came out with...

"Like how their cooking sucks?"

She knows how to make me laugh. She hasn't even had British food, and ever since we got into the argument over whether or not Marmite was good (she's never even had it.) I don't take her opinions on British food seriously.

Whatever you're doing, British food, I miss you! ~*~~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This