Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Upcoming Daegu Days,

Once you get married, it seems to everybody like the next logical step would be to have babies. People start asking "when are you planning on having children?" Like, yeah, Adam and I don't have lives or anything, y know. Adam and I aren't ready for that stage. At least for for a good eight to ten years. Until we start "popping 'em out" we're going to be living in Daegu, South Korea. So I guess, this is a brutal telling of my time here. I want to share with my family, friends, expats alike and curious people (like myself) what our life is like here, and also because I'm too lazy to message/call each of you individually and recount a story I may have told fifteen times that current day. (Nothing personal, love.)

The date is set for June 20th for me to finally join my husband in South Korea, I say finally, because I haven't seen my husband since November, when he was on leave, and he's been in the army for over a year now, and it's an absolute shit hole here without him some days. This blog was going to be private, for my family and friends and all that;; but I figure that people may (or may not) want to be informed on Korea more so than they are (or are not.) <-- (P.S. Never ask me to say "aren't". I hate that word.) So a bit about me for people who don't know me? My name is Laura, I'm younger than most people who get married, I'm smart, I'm funny, I have strong opinions, I like coffee... a lot.... I was born in England but I spent quite a few years in America, I'm married to a U.S. soldier, and leaving to be with him in June; we have two babies, our cats, which will be joining us in Korea a couple of months after I arrive, I wanted to be an ESLT eventually, because I really don't feel like I'll be getting a genuine experience of Korea until I live outside a U.S. base. That's me in a nutshell. Adam and I will be in Korea for roughly two years, and maybe even longer if we like it/if we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This