Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thanks, But No Thanks.

My husband said today, "You're so cute, you think you'll love Korea so much." Or something along the lines of such. It's quite funny, really, because I've always had a strong sense of what I will love and hate. For example, if I see a book, I know instantly whether or not I'll like it. Maybe it's strange? I don't know if other people do that. But I do. I also think it's how you look on the situation as well. Going to Korea sounds wonderful to me. My husband was never too excited about going over, but he's Okay there -- I think he prefers America though.

In other news, I'm planning on seeing Aimee soon. Hopefully everything goes as planned! Her family sounds absolutely adorable, and they seriously make me laugh, so I'm excited not only to see Aimee, but to meet her family.

I looked for an old blog I used to read called "Walking the Black Dog." I think the blogger ended his site, but I found an old paragraph from the blog about depression. (The blogger had depression) I think it's quite interesting, looking at it from somebody who has dealt (and deals with) depression, as well as looking at it from a psychological perspective. Just a food for thought I suppose. :)

Welcome to the land of the blues or more accurately – something more than the blues. Depression isn’t just a case of the blues or feeling a little off; everyone has those days. Depression is feeling overwhelmingly sad and devoid of any positive emotions – to the point where normally enjoyable activities seem empty or like a chore that requires just too much energy.

Winston Churchill described his own depression as a ‘black dog’ hence the name of this website. I’m sure you’ve seen people walking their dog and the dog is in complete control, peeing on every scent it comes upon, rolling on garbage, pulling its owner wherever it wants to go, jumping on people passing by and on and on.

Depression is a lot like an unruly dog, a big menacing black dog with a ferocious countenance. It may simply sit and watch you throughout the day staring holes through you or it may climb onto your lap and smother you with its weight. When depression enters your life it sucks the joy right out of you and affect everything & everyone in your life. Those commercials about ‘who does depression affect?’ are right on the money. It affects everyone right down to your dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This