Monday, May 31, 2010

The Passageway

Troi and I went shopping today. It was nice, just hanging out and getting to buy some clothes before I leave this place for good.

For anyone who cares, the picture is of my side door, at my parents' house. I took it last summer when C. Love and I would go around taking pictures of shit all.

I've been procrastinating really sitting down and beginning to pack. I don't know how to describe how strange it is trying to fit your life into a couple of suitcases. What do we bring and what do we leave behind? What is "worthy" and what is not? It's slightly depressing that things I want to bring, I might not be able too. I'm hoping I can bring my extra large coffee mug my mother bought me. It's huge and I adore it.

My room is a mess, which I'm going to have to change before C. Love comes over tomorrow, (hopefully) to spend the night. Scanning my room, it's slightly sad that I have to leave it behind. Old photo frames, books, candles and papers. They have sentimental value to a certain extent. It's also dawning on me that when I get to Korea, I wont have my friends to fall back on anymore. I'll have my darling husband, Adam, but I think a girls best medicine is her friends. Who will I drive down to Penny Lane / Starbucks with and sit down, discussing religion, politics and life?

C. Love and I, however, decided to start something called a "Circle Journey Journal." We bought the Journal today, and she's writing in it first, and I'm reading her entry when I get on the plane, when I get on the plane and read it, I'll write back. We will send it via mail back and forth, and send little things from where we are each month. For example, I might send her a phone charm and some pictures, and so forth. It's actually a comforting idea. It's like a "scrapbook in action."

If anybody is interested, here is some tips to start your CJJ:

How To Start Your Circle Journal Exchange

Determine the purpose of your journal. Circle journals can be used to become re-acquainted with old friends, to celebrate existing close relationships, or serve as an ice breaker in cultivating new friendships. Here are my top tips for getting the most out of the experience

  1. Choose your friends wisely. Decide whether you want to exchange the journal with one person or several people. Send out “feelers” to determine the level of interest. Scrapbookers, military families, college buddies, adoptive and birth families, and pen pals are examples of potential journaling groups.
  2. Set a limit. Determine the maximum number of participants who will be involved. This type of “round robin” exchange may be more successful if there are fewer people involved.
  3. Decide on a theme. Pages can reflect open-ended themes, such as “a day in the life,” or “what inspires me.” Favorite recipes, family folklore, inspiration from fashion or your favorite lyrics are also intriguing circle journal themes.
  4. Pick a format. The pages can serve as a template to add journal entries of text or you can allow them to be a blank canvas to be filled with photographs, magazine clippings, found objects, ticket stubs, or drawings.
  5. Be specific. It is important to effectively communicate the guidelines for the swap. Details like the number of journals in circulation, the length of the swap, the start date, and mailing instructions should be worked out beforehand.
  6. Ready, set, mail. Complete your page and mail it to the first person on the list (if exchanging with a group). Anticipate its return with pages full of life.


read more at http://carrieanddanielle.com/keeping-in-touch-how-to-create-your-circle-journey/#ixzz0pYcoGDhU
a huge online directory just for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This