Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello, South Korea.


I'm finally in South Korea. The trip was long, but it was generally painless -- a few mishaps here and there, but nothing serious. It was pretty hard leaving my parents and my best friend behind, I was on the verge of tears, but I kept it in. The plane to Chicago was short, didn't have an issue. In fact, all the airports besides Seoul were easy to navigate. The only issue I had in Seoul was the language barrier, which required me asking "English?" to nearly everybody. An older lady from the same plane I was on actually helped me when I landed in Seoul with my bags. She was so sweet! :) People were generally helpful and curious, there were a couple of rude people, but besides that, everyone was enjoyable. I met a couple of people at the airports also. One girl in LAX and another in Seoul (also going to Daegu), who I was able to become acquainted with. Of course, more happened than described at the airports, but I think those stories are for another time. (Aka: too lazy to type them all out.)

Adam picked me up from the Daegu airport, in his car. The car was a surprise, and it's not a bad car, I just wasn't expecting it. It's proved to be helpful though. Driving here is something I have no desire to do. It's the scariest experience just being in a car here. In fact, I'll probably make a video of it soon. It's terrifying.

Today, Adam and I bought phones. They're cute little flip phones, mine changes color though :3. I'm going to try and make a video/take pictures of it, because it's adorable. I also bought some language books so I can try and communicate easier. I'm surprised Adam actually knows as much of the language as he does. :O.

Now, with the housing situation, it's frustrating. First of all, they had told us we would get an apartment the week I arrived. Turns out we wont. Instead, we have to wait until July 2nd or 6th. This lodge will only hold us until the 27th, so then we have to leave then and find a new local hotel until they can get us the home.

This blog has been a two day process. I've had some jet lag, and I've been busy, so finding time to blog has been daunting. I'll be able to keep up with the more interesting things get, etc. Until then, I need to clean the hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This