Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Laura, World. World, Laura. Now Shake Hands.

I really wanted to blog about two things, but thought I could just incorporate them both together instead of seperately. Travel & Moving.

Obviously, I'm moving to the 3rd largest city in S. Korea, which is more than appeasing for me. I'm much more city orientated (I really hate the term 'country/city girl') than some other people, so Korea is exciting. I live in a place where, if this place was seriously considered a major city, it would be extremely pathetic. It's boring, it's bland and lacking color, and I hate it here. I'm a person who adores change, adores the sound of cars, people, etc.. So leaving here is a dream come true!

As of late, however, on top of Adam and I's possible plan to move to my home country, the United Kingdom, I've also weighed some other possibilities. New Zealand is one I'm particularly fond of. Wellington sounds like a fun city, and France has come up a couple of times in Adam and I's conversations, but he really enjoys the idea of New Zealand, over France. Another country that I have recently become interested in? Sweden. Why Sweden? The fact is, I didn't even think about Sweden until I was perusing Facebook and happened to stumble on somebodies profile with a Swedish name that really caught my attention. I stalked their wall to see if they spoke English, and they didn't, so using Google's Handy Dandy Translator I was able to figure the language out. (Yay, Facebook stalking) So, I've had a fun hour looking around the internet, figuring out the cost of living in Sweden, as well as the culture. The only issue I wonder about is if Adam would take the time out to learn a language.

Adam and I are planning to stay in Korea for a year and a half, and if we really like it, maybe more if possible; but after Korea, (unless we decide we really love it and stay forever, which I doubt because I don't know if Adam would like that) what then? Adam doesn't want to stay in the US, and neither do I... And I love the UK, and I defnately want to be there, but I also want to travel and live in many other countries. Maybe in Africa for awhile to help people there? It's a lot to think about, and a big decision, so I'm keeping all my options open until the time comes to leave Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This