Wednesday, July 7, 2010

HERRREEE DOGGY DOGGY DOGGY




One thing I cannot stand about Korea is when you're walking your dog, 85% of the time, people try and call him over.

I mean, it's not that big of a deal since Dakota has the attention span of a fish, but what if he pulled me right over there and started jumping on them? Koreans don't like big dogs, so why call one over? It gets on my nerves. :/

When we walk down the street, people either glare (I'm thinking because of Dakota.) they want to pet him, or they shy away. Example, the other day we were walking down an alley and saw two young boys. As soon as they saw Dakota they said "OHHHH" and walked single file on the other side of the alley. However, the guard at the gate, who lets us on base, was incredibly interested in Dakota, and through broken english tried to tell us about how Huskies were once very popular in Korea, but now Korean's only like small dogs.

We see a lot of pet stores here. A lot with kittens, puppies (small breed) and most of these puppies and kittens end up in a shelter. It's really sad. My goal is to start volunteering at the animal shelter in Daegu super soon.

On a side note, Adam got a parking ticket last night. We can't read it, it's all in Korean. I wonder if we can get away with not paying it, either. n _ n !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This