Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lets Bitch, THEN Talk.

This blog isn't as "Korea" related as it is "personal" related. But before that, "Boys over Flowers" is playing on Hulu! (A popular Korean drama! Go watch nao!)

Hopefully this coming weekend, Adam and I will be able to buy some decor things for our apartment, since that's had to have been put on a hold. :(. But I'm excited, and I'm going to try and get my mum to mail me my wedding pictures, and have C. Love draw me a picture I can frame. :)

Recently, the thought of going back to the US, to the city I once lived in, makes me feel extremely sick. Not as in, "oh, I just don't want to go." But I physically feel ill and mentally depressed. That place had caused me so much trouble the years I lived there, and I was not happy. Of course, bad stuff can happen to you anywhere you live, but this place was just depressing for me. Our home was in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't just up and leave and be in the city like I can now, and I felt confined. In the month I've lived here, I feel like this is where I'm meant to be at this stage of my life. Despite the language barrier, Korea is a nice and relaxing place to live. Of course, like any place, it has it downfalls at times, but I would rather be here despite them. The plan was for me to come back to Evansville at Christmas. However, Adam and I are doubting that we'll have enough for the flight there, so I'm hoping to convince my parents to come here. Although it would be nice to visit old friends from Evansville, I really do not want to go back. Adam and I both agreed on that. We could go to Japan, or England, for much cheaper and be much more interested. Family is nice, I'd love to see my mum and my dad, but I'd much rather they come here. I don't want to be sitting in Evansville thinking about how I made a big mistake coming back because I feel sick, tired and depressed the whole time, if that makes sense. Nothing to do there! :(

I have a feeling, though, some people will take this in the wrong context and think I'm being dramatic. It's slightly annoying. Like how someone had suggested before I came that I should start making friends with other military wives. I was never really bothered, (although I have made some great friends who are Military wives and expats) I wanted to make friends with KOREANS since I was in Korea. Or how people think I'm "too shy/quiet", when maybe I just don't have anything to say, because your conversation is fucking boring. Just being I don't socialize with your boring friends, doesn't mean I'm anti-social, I'm just particular about who I make friends with, you probably should be too, or you wouldn't have some shitty friends.

I know I'm being totally bitchy here, but I'm just so sick of people judging my actions here, so why would I even want to go back to Evansville?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This