Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No, Really, I Feel Sorry For Him!

This is going to sound like a complete bitchpost to some, and to other, they'll be able to understand and possibly relate.

I feel sorry for homeless people, because contrary to popular belief, their situation wasn't always their fault. I want to help, feed them, cloth them. I really do care. I promise. I really do. If there was a homeless shelter in Daegu, I'd totally volunteer there, but I'm not aware of any at the moment. So before you read on, please don't take me the wrong way when you read this. It's not intended to sound bitchy.

In downtown Daegu, where all the bars are, there is a specific man with long black hair, and raggy clothes. He is obviously a homeless man, or a begger. This specific man must be making a lot of money, however. Each time I've seen him, he has money. I've seen foreigners give him 30,000 won, and him just shove it in his pocket and continue begging. Not to say I don't appreciate homeless people, I just don't appreciate homeless people who beg. Find a job, dude! Just look! Try and make your life better. Anyway, it's not even so much that this specific homeless man begs, it's the fact he stalks, as well. Adam and I happened to pass him last night as we were crossing the road, and he held up his hand. As we continued walking, he starting following us. I mean, really? Thankfully, we dove into another building and he didn't follow us, but I thought it quite rude. He never begs to Koreans, only foreigners, (or so I have seen, at least) but he's always there, every time we go down that side of town. I feel really bad for the guy, but, please little dude, don't follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This