Saturday, July 24, 2010

Making Friends Through Animals.

At KAPS, I was recently appointed as someone to help out spread the word about KAPS and hopefully get people rounded together to walk the dogs. Another girl was also assigned this task. We'll name her Artsy and her husband Jamie for the sake of privacy.

Anyway, Artsy and I had recently planned to meet up at KAPS to help out with things. I showed her and Jamie around the cat area, and then we went to the dog shelter to walk some dogs. Adam took 2, a Boston and Shih tzu, Jamie took a Shih tzu, and so did Artsy. I took a Jindo puppy, because he's so mellow and sweet. Anyway, we took them for a walk around the park that I finally know my way to. It's actually really nice, minus the heat and all the people there. I suppose there was some kind of event going on, because there were a lot of older ladies and gentlemen hanging out. Some guy tried to hit my dog, while others tried to pet him. Poor guy looked like he was about to shit himself sometimes. Jamie's dog wanted to "mark his territory" EVERYWHERE, and Adams dog kept breaking loose from it's collar. Needless to say, eventful walk.

After the walk, we wanted to groom a dog since neither of us had ever really done that. There was a little girl there with MATTED fur. I'm talking REALLY matted. We're talking the kind of matted shown in the picture. (Although it's not the dog we were grooming.) Under the poor Maltese's yellow fur, was a beautiful white coat. We spent awhile just trying to cut all the fur off, and it was really sad. It was on its legs, belly, ears, back, neck. We're still planning on coming back and making a project out of sorting her out.

After taking care of that poor doll, we went back to Adam and I's apartment, cleaned up, and went down to Italy&Italy, my favorite restaurant ever. Artsy, obviously, is involved a lot in art, which sounds amazing. I like to draw (when I'm in the mood) and it reminded me of C. Love and how she draws a lot. I was nice that Adam had someone he could "relate" to, with Jamie, and that Artsy and I held a common ground as well. :)

We may adopt an animal soon. Very soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. God I love animals and new friends. ^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics - Tracks This